Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (TAFL)
Over the years, we have trained hundreds of teachers using the techniques and standards of our affiliate organization, International House, London, www.ihworld.com
International House is the founder a world-leader of modern language training with more 50 years' experience. ILI. International House Cairo, is the only IH-recognized centre for training teachers of Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (TAFL) and is regularly inspected, supported and up-dated. The 120-hour courses comply with the standards of the Cambridge ESOL Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults.
The course covers:
• Classroom Management
• Different techniques to present and practice language
• Teaching Literacy Skills
• Developing the four language skills
• Different approaches to teach Arabic grammar
• Awareness of the Arabic phonology, vocabulary grammar and morphology
• Awareness of students’ learning styles and motivation
• Awareness of students learning problems and how to handle them
• Lesson planning and timetabling
• Awareness of available course books and how to use them effectively
• Using IT technology to supplement teaching and learning
• University graduate.
• Good knowledge of Arabic grammar (High School Level).
• Good knowledge of English, spoken & written.
• With or without previous teaching experience.
• Pass the entry tests.
• Complete the application by clicking here
• If your C.V meets the course requirements, ILI's course Director will contact you to
arrange a pre-registration interview and an Arabic/English test.
• Based on a successful interview, you will be asked to pay 25% of the course fees. The
balance is paid before the course starts.
The interviewer will ask for information about the following areas:
• Your education and professional experience - you will be asked to speak in Modern
• Your reasons for taking the teacher training course - you will be asked to speak in
• Your proficiency in Arabic grammar and pronunciation - you will be asked to read an
Arabic text aloud and will then be asked some questions about the grammar based on
This shirt costs 120 pounds.سعر هذا القميص مائة و عشرون جنيهًا
Used to state how much something costs
I came to this school referred by a friend. It has been a good experience for me, not only learning a new language, but also meeting new people. The staff and teachers are always helpful and kind, going above and beyond to assist me. I am grateful for this learning experience.